Technical session 1Safety management tools and systems: safety policies, safety management systems, risk analyses, feedback from experience, safety exercises...
- Effectiveness of risk mitigation measures for road tunnels - Bernhard Kohl - Co-leader of PIARC TC D.5 Working Group 2 (Safety) – France
- Benchmarking safety management systems - Potential use for road tunnel operation - Marie-Noëlle Marsault - Associate Member of PIARC TC D.5 Working Group 2 (Safety) – France
- Overview of tunnel safety measures in Japan: various attempts made by the East Nippon Expressway Company - Atsushi Ichikawa - East Nippon Expressway Company – Japan
Technical session 2Sustainable operation: societal, environmental and economic issues
- First steps towards sustainable operation of road tunnels - George Mavroyeni - Member of PIARC TC D.5 - Australia
- Refurbishment of Louis-Hippolyte-La Fontaine tunnel - Alexandre Debs - Member of PIARC TC D.5 - Quebec - Canada
- Croix Rousse tunnel - “Innovative use of a safety gallery for environmentally friendly modes of traffic”; - Mathieu Hermen - La Métropole de Lyon - France
Technical session 3Safety systems and equipment: Centralised technical management, monitoring, ventilation and fixed fire-fighting systems, user evacuation, communication means, treating fixed obstacles ...
- Centralised technical management system for expressway tunnels - Nam Goo Kim - Member of PIARC TC D.5 - South Korea
- PIARC report on fixed fire-fighting systems in road tunnels: Current practices and recommendations - Les Fielding - Member of ITA COSUF and former PIARC WG leader - UK
- The use of public address systems to improve tunnel safety: current practices - Lim Hock TAY - Member of PIARC TC D.5 - Singapore
Technical session 4Future tunnel challenges in terms of tunnel safety and operation: issues related to the development of NICT (Intelligent Transport Systems, connected objects, intelligent sensors, smartphones...), new propulsion technologies...
- Alternative fuels and the future of road tunnels and road tunnel design - Gary Clark - Co-leader of PIARC TC D.5 Working Group 4 on vehicle emissions - UK
- Using virtual reality for tunnel safety training - Romano Borchiellini – Member of PIARC TC D.5 - Italy
- Using ITS to impove safety in road tunnels - Henric Modig - Leader of PIARC TC D.5 Working Group 3 on - Human factors and ITS - Sweden
Open discussion on next PIARC work-programme
- PIARC work programme 2020-2023 - Marc Tesson - Chairman of PIARC Technical Committee D.5 - France
- World Road Congress Abu Dhabi 2019 - Miguel Caso Florez - Technical Director - PIARC General Secretariat - France